Nicholas

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/ProductDe...um =6280DWPE3

you'll have change left over for a nice ...

http://www.itslondon.co.uk/ProductDe...delNum=ML1 40

I bought one recently and it's been invaluable.

Cheers

Nicholas

--
Nicholas Buttle - Quality Joinery and Cabinet Making
http://www.nbjoinery.net

--

"John Rumm" wrote in message
tom patton wrote:

Im building a roof on my extension.
New roof will require several hundred screws since I will not drive my
neighbours mental banging in nails for a week.

Lots of 4" screws by the sounds of it....

I have at present-
1 an excellent old B&D cordless screwdriver cost ?35 a few years
back--lacks stamina.
2 a 2 year old drill driver 9 volts B&D excellent weight compact---lacks
stamina.

I found that my (reasonably decent) 9V drill driver was not really up to
framing work with 4" screws - ok with 3".

3 a brand new 18 volt Screwfix jobbie ?50-- weighs a ton--lacks
stamina--useless c--p.

I am contemplating buying a mains powered magazine type powered
screwdriver
?200 approx----comments on this would be usefull.

Cost is not important lightness and ease of use are paramount since the
new
roof must be installed ASAP when the existing roof is opened.

With this sort of application there is not much point messing about. A top
end 14.4V drill driver with two or three high capacity bats and a really
good charger should be able to keep you running non stop without being too
physically demanding to use. (the weight, and balance are going to matter
here as much as the performance by the sounds of it. A good speed
controller also helps keep the bit in the screw with less physical effort
required)

Based on experience with my 18V Makita combi drill, I would expect that a
14.4 non combi version would be ideal. It ought to have plenty of torque
and controllability, it also has stamina in spades.

Something like:

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...&product=29444

The Bosch one here looks like a good possibility as well:

http://www.lawson-his.co.uk/scripts/...V&product=1177

--
Cheers,

John.