Larry Jaques

On 25 Mar 2005 08:11:46 -0800, the inscrutable "Charlie Self"
spake:

Larry Jaques writes:
It's strong, so be sure to neutralize afterward. Muriatic is dilute

hycrochloric acid. Use it outside. The fumes are nasty.

OK if I just leave the bathroom window open? I'm not up for hauling
the crapper outside just to get some rust off.

Yeah, and use a box fan + wear a respirator/gloves/goggles.

A friend who was a janitor showed me how to use it. Turn the
crapper water valve OFF, use a round brush to remove the water
by plunging it down the trap, carefully (without dripping it on
the carpet or linoleum) put half a cup of muriatic into the bowl.
Swish up under the rim and around the entire bowl, wait 5 to 10
minutes, add a cup of baking soda, turn water on, swish, and flush
twice. It cleans up bowls as bad as -bar- toilets in minutes flat.
Great stuff.

But I wonder what the stuff, even neutralized, will do to my septic
tank.

Neutralized, it's inert and will just flow through it.

TANSTAAFL: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.
http://diversify.com Gourmet Web Applications