Luigi Zanasi

On 25 Mar 2005 12:51:05 -0800, scribbled:

Thanks Phil,

Yep, there's nothing like a dial indicator to give you that added sense
of confidence!

Yes, I've seen Steve's stuff. Just don't get too carried away! I'll
say no more. You might also find this pretty handy:

Ed is showing admirable restraint here. If you want to know why I say
that (or the context to Bridgers's post), check out the thread
associated with this innocent post by charlie b:
http://groups.google.ca/groups?q=g:t...0accesscom.com

Best I can figure out, Steve Strickland's method is as in the
following summary of the thread (quoting from the anti-faq):

3.1 HOW DO I ALIGN MY TABLESAW
You first need to find the null axis of the warp or centroid of
the cycloid of rotation. Note that the cycloid is adibiatic or
asymptotically free. Be careful not to introduce a modulus of
coefficients of dynamic dependant variables. Shag carpet works
best 'cause it minimizes the saggita on your straightedge. You
can use interference fringes or an auto-collimator. This will
allow you to adjust your table saw to make cuts accurate to a
gazillionth of an inch.

Or you can use a dial indicator on a stick that fits in your
mitre (miter, Floyd) gauge (gage, Keeter) slot.

Luigi
Who's been meaning to buy the TS-Aligner for a few years now.
Replace "nonet" with "yukonomics" for real email address
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/humour.html
www.yukonomics.ca/wooddorking/antifaq.html