George

wrote in message
On 24 Mar 2005 13:40:46 -0800, wrote:

Hi George,

I think "feeler" gages are very appropriately named! If you've ever
tried them, then you know exactly what I mean. You literally have to
"feel" how tight the fit is. Is it tighter on one end than the other?
In my book, that's still pretty darn subjective,

yes, it's subjective. but it is easy to feel the difference between
two feeler guages that are .001 apart. this is adequate precision for
many applications, including tablesaws.

Ayup. One will go, next won't, so the difference is how far. Not that how
far is terribly important. It's the outcome, not the measurement.