427Cobraman

Default Any issues with installing an electric furnace on it's side?

Hello all,

I have a 220V electric furnace (came from a small apartment) that I use

in my garage, but it's taking up floor space. I have a plenum mounted
where the A-coil normally resides with registers in it. I wan't to get

it off the floor and place it on a shelf. Once up there, I'm going to
run some ducting along the length of the same wall with a few registers

in it. I'm sure everything else will be fine except for the blower. I

guess it will be harder on the bearings having to now deal with a
"side" load. I will have access to the front panel and the return will

be facing the ground, so servicing isn't an issue. Should I try
reconfiguring the motor so that it is horizontal or leave it as is?