DE

Jim wrote:

Does anyone know of a source for a jig to use when sharpening lathe
cutting tools.

I'm honestly suprised that Harold had not weighed in on this
thread. Most lathe tools can be ground offhand pretty easily - are
you making some specialized tooling that is particularly tricky?

Jim

I recall back when I went to machinist school we were
given wood tool blanks to practice with. I know it sounds
corny but if hand grinding tools is a problem play around
with some wood blanks make em 1/2" pine. The instructor
also gave some good lectures on cutting geometry at that time.
Great program it's all cnc now.\

DE