Tony Hwang

Andy wrote:

I have a house which is about 300 feet from a lake and would like
to take irrigation water from the lake.

It is about a 10 foot rise from the lake to the house level.

I would appreciate any comments on the following possible
approaches.

1) Put the pump near the lake and run 300' of 3/4 pipe to
the house. This requires 300' of buried UF to the pump, which
cannot be buried in the same trench.

2) Put the pump near the house and run 300' of 3/4 pipe to the
lake with a foot/check valve at the lake end. Have a spigot
tap at each end of the 300' intake pipe for initial priming.
(Using a garden hose and city water for priming)

3) Putting the pump halfway in between and running UF to the
pump and 3/4 intake and output lines as needed, with
foot/check valve.

My preference is for number 2 since it only requires one pipe trench
and
no buried UF electric. I think that with only a 10' head and
a check valve, it should maintain a prime....

Thanks for your comments on the above...

Andy

Hi,
Before anyting else, can you draw water from the lake? Is it allowed?
Tony