Harry K

Duane Bozarth wrote:
Harry K wrote:
Just about any decent sized shallow well pump set-up will do. Self
priming would be a good but I don't know if it will work at that
distance. The 15 ft altitude is not a problem as suction type

pumps
will pull water to about 25-26 ft (depending on your altitude, it

drops
as altitude goes up).

I suggest you let your fingers do the walking through the yellow

pages
and look for pump or irragation businesses. A trip to them will

with
your requirements will get you what you are looking for. They will
probably fix you up with a real irrigation pump vice well pump.

Don't want a well pump to pull from open stream...a "trash" 1-1/2 to

2"
discharge would do nicely...many of them will self-prime from a

15-20'
head easily if they're designed to do so....

Alternatively, the smaller suction pump to a reservoir w/ a separate
high-pressure pump could make trash/silt/sediment easier to
control...that seems to me to be a possible real issue to keep from
clogging a typical small-orifice lawn sprinkler head...

Yes, a common 'well' pump is not optimum but I know of at least two
that have been operating for years. What they used to keep the crude
out I don't know, in my case just a bundle of common fiberglass window
screen wrapped around the pick-up kept out everything except fine
sediment.

A pump made for irrigation is the best choice. Trash pumps (at least
most of them) are not because they pump volume, not pressure. To use
one will require a reservoir and another pump. Why add the
complication??

Worst plug I ever had and don't want another one: I had to pull my
pump every fall and reinstall every spring. The outlet was on quick
connect fittings. One spring I hooked everything up and started a
sprinkler that plugged almost instantely. Unplugged pulling strange
looking stuff. Back to the bib, more of same. Identified as a mouse,
rather parts of a mouse. I had to pull the bibs off every standpipe to
finally clear all of it.

Harry K