Grimly Curmudgeon

Default Under patio heating

It was somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the
drugs began to take hold. I remember geoff saying
something like:

That is right, 2004. We know more about energy and wastage now. If you
want external heating get a purpose made LPG umbrella heater. It heats
people directly. If I wanted a little more heat on a patio I would insulate
under and have no heating. The heat stored in the thermal mass durning the
day will be given back off. The patio would have to be covered when the sun
goes in to retain heat given off and south facing to absorb sun all day.

Bloody hell ...

In total agreement with IMM here

The world is turned upside down. I'd also regard it as totally wasteful
to heat my patio unless...

I was using waste veg oil or wood.
--

Dave