dadiOH

Steve wrote:
I have a split level house. 1 level in the front with 2 levels in the
back. I have acces to attic space above the front level but to get
into the attic above the back half of the house I have to go into the
front half attic and squeeze between the roof rafters.
I used to be able to do this but over the years the space between the
rafters seems to have gotten smaller!!!

I have to get in there to take care of a few things. Whats the best
way to create access?
I'm thinking of putting one of those pull down starways into the
upstairs hallway????
How do I know if its safe to cut through the rafters??? The stairs
would be going against the rafters not with them so I would have to
cut through 5 - 7 rafters??? Is this a problem?

Only if you want your roof to stay where it is; i.e., up.

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...