Norminn

Ronny Good wrote:
About once a week, someone in our neighborhood gets turfed. We are in a
development about a mile off a main road. Our place got it twice this
month. The people drive down the sidewalk, then do a doughnut and down over
the curb. With the ground as soft as it is, there are some huge ruts.
Reports have been made with the authorities, but it's not like they are
going to post an officer to watch the neighborhood over such trivial stuff.
My question is, how the heck do you catch these people? I got a couple of
2x4x10's that I screwed a bunch of 3" screws through, and spray painted them
black. I was going to lay them out in the yard, but I'm afraid someone
walking their dog might get their animal hurt. What's a logical solution to
catch the perpetrators? Some type of stationary video camera? Thing is,
they may not turf our place again, but someone else in the neighborhood.

Don't install anything that might injure innocent passersby. That is
inviting far worse problems. Ask municipality to install a couple of
signs - slow, children playing, or a speed limit. Folks in my condo
sometimes miss the driveway - same ones whose guests drop beer bottles
on the lawn.