Mary Fisher

Default Different honeys

"Grunff" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

I doubt that you'd want any of it though, what's the point in cluttering

it
just for the sake of aesthetics? Although I offer pictures and have

almost
everything ready to send I'm very rarely asked - except, curiously, by
museums because they don't really know what they're talking about.

I know exactly what you're saying, and agree in many ways. But people
are very visual - they like to look at pretty pics. A lump of wax next
to the description of the wax will work wonders.

Not when people know what the wax is like - the re-enactment world is very
small and most of the people know us and our products from coming to our
tent at events.

Please trust me on this one - getting people to buy something from a
website (either online or by picking up the phone) is what I do for a
living. A few pics can really make a difference to people's perception
of the product and the supplier.

Hmm, I think you're right too for most cases. But there's something you
don't reliase, which is that we don't WANT to be selling any more than we
do. I keep telling magazines who try to sell us advertising space that any
more would mean that we couldn't keep pace without giving up something else.
We're playing at it, it keeps us off the streets, that's all :-)

What pictures would you like to see? Nåhlbindning needles? Tablets? An

inkle
loom? They're yours for the asking.

No idea what any of these things are,

That's my point. The people who do want them do know exactly what they're
like. Those who might like to see them wouldn't know what to do with them!
We're not catering for the curious.

but I bet they're pretty!

Not really. They're functional, that's all. A nåhlbindning needle is simply
a fat bodkin made from bone - real bone. A tablet is a square piece of
plywood with a hole at each corner and one in the middle. An inkle loom is a
slab of timber with dowels sticking out of it. They're beautiful only in
that they work, like an S bend under a sink :-)))))))))))

Mary

--
Grunff