xrongor

sure would be much easier just go give up on this purist idea that you need
1" thick shelves...

if you want them to LOOK like they are 1" thick, put a rim around it.

randy

"The Chairman" wrote in message
.130...
So, I have brackets for shelves, and I want to get wood stock (oak,
poplar,
pine, whatever it is as long as I can stain it to match the wood in the
room) for the shelves.

I have been having a problem finding wood that is truly 1" thick. As you
know, 1 x 12's are actually 3/4" thick. Does anyone know of a supplier
that
I might be able to get 1x12s that are actually 1" thick?

Or, if not, anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

Ryan