Edwin Pawlowski

"Jim" wrote in message
Then I read the directions. It says "Always drain the tank of all air
after the last use for the day & before repairing or removing any
component parts." I imagine they're concerned about moisture which
could probably condense in the tank as the air decompresses, but maybe
it's just a concern that somebody could be hurt w/ the compressed air?
It does warn to disperse any accumulated moisture by draining to 25 psi
and then inverting it while draining the remaining pressure. .

Does anyone store air in these tanks for extended periods of time
(apparently that is more than one day)? Will I be alright if I drain
the tank every month or two and invert it so the moisture can come
out? If I can't use it to store compressed air in the garage, I might
as well return it.

Compressing air heats the air molecules, and the water molecules and it
carries the moisture into the air. It will condense in the piping to the
point of use. Commercial systems have refrigerated dryers to remove the
moisture.

Over time you may pick up a little, but probably not much. Certainly not
enough for a single use to be of real concern. FWIW, I drain my compressor
tank about twice a year and get but a few drops. I tis not in constant use
like an industrial application.

Is the tank a good idea? Handy to take to a place with no other air. I'd
be more concerned that it will keep the air and not leak out over time so
when that tire is flat in the morning, you don't have what you need. A
cheap compressor would be more useful for that. Portable tanks are good to
fill up, then take it to the stranded car with the flat tire. Or to take up
to the bedroom where you want to use an air nailer to tack up a molding.