Steve

Default This electric range install doesnt seem right???

I found why my newly installed range shorted out when I moved the power
cord.
2 very cheap components.

1. - the the connectors on the stove are held in place by a plastic clip.
very flimsy.

2.- the clamp the holds the cord is not properly fastened to the frame of
the stove. the clamp is tight on the wire but the clamp only has two metal
wings that keep it from falling out of the stove frame, it is not held
securly. You can wiggle the wires and clamp putting pressure on the cheap
plastic clamp holding the cord connectors.

One of the plastic catches broke and the wire moved and touched the metal
cover causing a short.
This had tripped the breaker.

I taped it up and have been using the stove until the repair guy comes out
saturday. I will remove all of my modifications and leave it broken like I
found it and let them make it right.

My question is, I dont think the cord clamp should be loose where it
connects to the frame and I intend on telling the service guy this. you
should be able to move the power around and the clamp should stay stationary
so the movement does not stress the connections.

Am I correct??

Thanks

Steve