Lee

googlingaround wrote:
Thanks Lee...still sitting here trying to figure out a solution
It can't be the MB since I did swap it out for another of the same
model.
"... 3. I replaced the motherboard - same problem, no change..."

Yeah I spotted that But you didn't say whether it was a "known
working" board, and if it's a used board of the same age/type it's still
quite likely for it to have cap problems...

I also disabled everything that was suggested and, other than
everything running REALLY slow, I'm still having stability problems...

Of course it will run slow with the CPU cache disabled, the test is to
see whether the machine is more stable. The reason I try this is to see
whether the CPU cache is damaged which it can be sometimes from
overheating.

The "lines" come and go intermitently now...it seems that once the
computer is on they don't show up much. They show up more when I power
down, wait a couple seconds then power up again. But regardless of
wether the lines are there or not, I'm having stability issues and I'm
unable to fully get to the WIN98 desktop...

I have my eye on a few processors on ebay as my next step....either
that or a PSU...I'm stumped.

You choice...
This is where it helps to have a known good spare PSU in the tool box
for testing

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.