Garrett Fulton

"Mike Henry" wrote in message
Contact Clausing - they still supply manuals at pretty nominal prices ($25
or so) and even a few parts. Google should turn up a link in short order.

DoN. Nichols has a 5300, I think, and will probably weigh in a little

later
this evening.

Mike

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm looking for information on a Clausing lathe I recently picked up
pretty cheap. It's my first and I need to learn how to use and
maintain the thing properly. It's a model 5320.

I haven't been able to locate any info on the 5300 series, so I'd also
appreciate it if anyone knows if the 5400 or any other model is
similar. I'd really love to locate a manual for the lathe, or if not,
then one as close as I can get. I did try calling Clausing a few
minutes ago but they were closed and their website says they don't have
the stuff so I'm not holding out hope.

I do already have the atlas book from the 30's and the south bend "how
to run a lathe" but I'm not sure if everything carries over. Right now
I'm trying to decide what kind of oil to put in the thing, then I need
to figure out how to cut 10 tpi threads.

Thanks for any help,
Scott

I've got a 5310 and Clausing had the manual for it. Twenty something
dollars. Give them a try.

Garrett Fulton