jakdedert

googlingaround wrote:
Bad cable...Hmmmm...

I'll double check that...

Thanks

I had a monitor that I thought was bad. The focus was off and there were
little 'shadows' around each character of text. For some reason it did not
occur to me to check the cable. I have an extension on the video cable due
to an awkward placement of the CPU and monitor.

Wiggling the connector between the monitor cable and extension did the
trick. The bad part was that I had already replaced the monitor once (the
problem went away, but came back after a year or so) without realizing that
it was a cable problem. Plugging in the new monitor had temporarily
'solved' the problem.

Now the cable is always the first thing I check with video problems.

That said, it sounds like you have more serious problems, given that you are
experiencing all this installation difficulty.

jak