Hi George,

I think "feeler" gages are very appropriately named! If you've ever
tried them, then you know exactly what I mean. You literally have to
"feel" how tight the fit is. Is it tighter on one end than the other?
In my book, that's still pretty darn subjective, especially when you
are trying to judge the gap between a big thin flexible steel plate
(the blade) and some fixed reference (that tubafore/drywall screw or
combination square, etc.). But, I can see how some people might think
it's more objective.

On the other topic, I don't make any "bux" by recommending that someone
go out and buy a cheap indicator and attach it to a stick. But, that's
what I recommended. And, I still think that it has great advantages
over the traditional "feel the rub" or "hear the scrape" methods - with
or without "feeler" gages. You are more than welcome to disagree.

Ed Bennett

http://www.ts-aligner.com
Home of the TS-Aligner!

George wrote:
Or, you could buy $1.99 worth of "objectivity" in the form of a set

of
feeler gages. Then you could write to the rec, and tell how

far(close) you
were instead of correcting what did poor work and leaving what did

good
alone.

But then Ed wouldn't make any bux....