DaveB

On 24 Mar 2005 08:21:37 -0800, wrote:

Mar 24, 5:46 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 24 Mar 2005 05:46:09 -0800
Subject: Is the xterra reliable?
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I am looking for a small suv that does not do too bad on gas mileage
and is very reliable. I currently drive a 89 f150 that gets less than
14 miles to the gallon. I drive about 50 miles a day by myself but what

like the capability to carry the family of 4 occassionally. I also want

a 4 wheel drive.

Been looking at used vehicles and found a 2000 xterra with about 77,000

miles. Are these reliable? Are they decent on gas?

I have also looked at a Grand Cherokee which I loved but when I look at

reliability info it scares me:

http://autos.msn.com/research/=ADvip...3D3=AD179&src=
=3Dvip

I would like to be able to haul a trailer occassionally when I need to.

Any advice?
I loved mine for sure, I had all the interior done it leather and my biz partner was driving us thru New Mexico at 4 am and fell asleep at 85 mph we flipped over twice and lived to tell about it so I guess they are safe ,but yeah its a good SUV

Daveb