John Rouse

Default Different honeys

In article , Mary
Fisher writes

You need to know far, far more ... that was just SOME of the stuff about
honey. But thanks anyway. If you really do want to think about keeping bees
get in touch with me, I probably know people who'll be able to help you get
started. You shouldn't jump in without lots of consideration.

By far the best way to start. Someone turns up with a swarm, you borrow
a couple of boxes and a few frames and you're on your way. If you
thought about it, you'd never do it.

Joining a local bee-keepers' society is essential though - put two
beekeepers together and you have three opinions, but many of them have
been doing it for donkey's years and know all the tricks - most of which
involve leaving the bees to get on with it. Bees have been doing it
themselves for 60 million years, so its quite difficult to put them off.

J.
--
John Rouse