Hi.
I can reply that my 2 sons, each have an Xterra, and love them. They
have had them for 2 years, at least. Both drive them on highway and off
road. One lives in Portland and the other in LA area. Off road includes
desert, mountains, snow, etc.

To my knowledge neither has had any trouble with them and both had
Jeeps and got rid of them because of constant breakdowns.

My vote is for the Xterra. Of course, if International still made
Scouts, I would have one of them again!

Paul

wrote:
Mar 24, 5:46 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.autos.tech
From: - Find messages by this author
Date: 24 Mar 2005 05:46:09 -0800
Subject: Is the xterra reliable?
original | Remove | Report Abuse

I am looking for a small suv that does not do too bad on gas mileage
and is very reliable. I currently drive a 89 f150 that gets less than
14 miles to the gallon. I drive about 50 miles a day by myself but

what

like the capability to carry the family of 4 occassionally. I also

want

a 4 wheel drive.

Been looking at used vehicles and found a 2000 xterra with about

77,000

miles. Are these reliable? Are they decent on gas?

I have also looked at a Grand Cherokee which I loved but when I look

at

reliability info it scares me:

http://autos.msn.com/research/=ADvip...3D3=AD179&src=
=3Dvip

I would like to be able to haul a trailer occassionally when I need

to.
=20
=20
=20