Lawrence Wasserman

In article ,
Doug Miller wrote:
In article , zxcvbob
wrote:
Doug Miller wrote:

I believe he only needed about three inches, right? So thread *five* inches,
and cut off the three-and-whatever that's needed. No harm done if it's
threaded all the way, is there?

Tapered threads.

Won't matter. It's a shower nipple, so one end of it will always be open, and
there won't ever be any significant pressure on the joint.

--
Regards,

A flow restrictor shower head can cause enough pressure in a
showerhead elbow to cause a poor joint to leak. I had this at my own
house at one time.
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland