Edwin Pawlowski

"The Chairman" wrote in message

Yeah, good question. The brackets that the wife bought slip over the end
of the shelves, kind of like a towel bar or something like that. Good
point about the 12s not really being 12... shoot. Maybe I need to just
buy the 1" plywood, and veneer the front with a strip of real wood.

Even 1" plywood is going to be hard to find. As for a full 1 x 12", if you
can find them, it is going to cost $4 or more per linear foot. Very few
boards are that width. I'd look at using different brackets. 3/4" is much
more common and easier to find in the species you want.

In a bookshelf, the front edge is usually the only part visible so trimming
plywood is a better way.
--
Ed
http://pages.cthome.net/edhome/