David M

Adam wrote:
Hi All,

We're in the process of insulating our loft conversion, something the
builders that performed the conversion didn't seem to think was
necessary - in Scotland. To do this we've been taking down the

snip

Adam

If you want to avoid the crap when the time eventually comes to sell, then
all of the conversion has to go through building control, who will be
especially picky about having adequate insulation. You can check up on the
current regs at
http://www.scotland.gov.uk/build_reg...s/contents.asp
part J in particular.

the other area that you must take adequate care over is ensuring a 50mm air
gap between the insulation and roof, and also adequate roof vents and at the
eaves. Insulation manufacturers normally have decent application notes
covering this.

cheers

David