googlingaround

Okay...just for fun I dusted off my WIN98 CD and decided to reinstall
the OS.

On install, when WIN98 setup gets to the first 0-100% bar thing, the
one what says "please wait while windows checks your system", the
computer stopped responding at the 100% mark. It just gets to the end
and doesn't do anything else.

So...

I went with a full format for MORE fun...

Format went okay - sort of. Took two tries. The first time it just got
hung up at 30%. Second time was fine though. Not sure what happened
there.

Tried the WIN98 install again and it stopped at the same place - at the
100% mark.

Any ideas?

Oh, and the lines are only "sometimes" around.