CJT

googlingaround wrote:
http://members.cox.net/carbuy2004/images/IMG_8239.JPG

Problem: I get these multi-colored (red, blue, green) horizontal lines
across the screen when I boot up. Sometimes I can get into windows,
sometimes it "crashes"/resets the computer right when I get to the
desktop screen. I can get into SAFE MODE and it runs fine there.

Here's what I know, and what I've tried:

1. I know it isn't the monitor - tried a different one.
2. I replaced the video card - still no change
3. I replaced the motherboard - same problem, no change.
4. I tried another memory stick - same old lines.
5. I removed/disconnected extra HD's, sound, nic card,
etc...CD-ROMS...everything except the new video card - still no change.

All I can think of is that it's the CPU...

...or the Power Supply? No idea...Hard drives (RAID)?

Has anyone run into this problem or have a suggestion about what it
might be before I throw more money at this thing.

Thanks.

It sounds like a problem with the video card driver (software) to me.

Did it work previously? What changed?