Gunner

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 12:42:28 -0800, wrote:

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 07:49:19 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 20:25:49 GMT, yourname wrote:

Dunno. I checked the obit's this morning, only to find I'm strangely
missing from the listing------

Ah, but you will be immortal on the usenet....

I ran an electronics connector modification job for Univac time and again.
The body of the connectors got split, machined and drilled. After
handling, the only thing that would clean them perfectly that I found was
the use of chlorothene. The parts were submersed, swished around and
quickly withdrawn and dried with a blast of air. That left them free of
finger prints and spots. Moments after contact with the chlorothene I
could taste it in my mouth, so I know it had to be absorbed to some degree
through my skin. Mind you I'm not bragging about how healthy I am, but I
just had a physical, and at this point in time I seem to be normal. I
haven't used the solvent in that fashion since '83, but prior to that, I was
exposed to it fairly regularly. None of my peers have died that had
similar experiences, nor do I know of any of them that have had any health
issues aside from one, who had kidney failure (and diabetes). He is doing
well with his second kidney transplant. First one didn't work.

Toxics exposuire is a statistical thing, much like smoking. I know
plenty of smokers who don't have lung cancer, doesn't make me want to start.

Only 20% of smokers ever have a smoking related illness.

A few years ago (can't recall th' source) I read a breakdown of
longevity by country. Japanese people were at th' top of th' list,
ie, living th' longest. Coincidentally, they also had th' highest per
capita of smokers than any other country.

Snarl

Ayup. There are MANY factors involved.

Gunner

Lathe Dementia. Recognized as one of the major sub-strains of the
all-consuming virus, Packratitis. Usual symptoms easily recognized
and normally is contracted for life. Can be very contagious.
michael