RicodJour

The Chairman wrote:
So, I have brackets for shelves, and I want to get wood stock (oak,

poplar,
pine, whatever it is as long as I can stain it to match the wood in

the
room) for the shelves.

I have been having a problem finding wood that is truly 1" thick. As

you
know, 1 x 12's are actually 3/4" thick. Does anyone know of a

supplier that
I might be able to get 1x12s that are actually 1" thick?

Ask for "five quarters" (5/4 x 12). Any lumberyard and almost all home
centers will carry it. If you're looking for clear wood, it won't be
cheap. In similar situations I'll double up on some 3/4" plywood and
glue a solid piece of wood on the front edge.