Art

Is there a bathtub? Every few weeks you need to let some water into the
drain to keep the trap filled. Same with the sink. Traps under sinks and
tubs stop gasses from the sewer only if there is water in them.

"chemqueries" wrote in message
oups.com...
m Ransley wrote:
Ng leak detectors are not a waste especialy for elderly that do not

smell well My parents recently did not notice the stove was on and not
burning when I arrived, or sewer gas from a dry trap that stunk up the
house so bad I opened the windows. Yes I got them 2, Co. Ng.
detectors. Leaks are common and houses do blow up. The real point is
for 50$ you have
insurance, ten-20 years ago it would have cost thousands.

Hi mRansley. Can you tell me more about the sewer gas problem? A few
weeks ago, I noticed a foul, sulfur-like odor coming from the
downstairs bathroom, which I rarely use. I couldn't pinpoint exactly
where in the bathroom the odor was coming from. I just knew it was from
the bathroom. I flushed the toilet several times because I thought the
water might have been stagnant because, as I said, I rarely use that
bathroom. I have not noticed the odor since that time. Could that have
been a sewer gas problem? I tend to doubt it because I tend to think
that if it were sewer gas, the problem would have persisted in spite of
my flushing the toilet. Would the sewer gas smell like rotten eggs?