SteveB

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
news:Kkg0e.15791$ed6.13677@trndny06...

"SteveB" wrote in message
news:G_f0e.1056$AN1.773@fed1read03...
Can I cut glass with a MK diamond saw tile cutter?

I have some 100 year old whisky bottle necks that I want to cut off
nicely and make hat pegs out of. I figured I would saw them at a slight
angle so that when mounted on a flat piece of barn wood, they would point
slightly up.

I don't have a clue about cutting them, but are the bottles worth anything
to a collector? Could you be cutting a $500 bottle to make a 5¢ peg?

These are just the necks. They are the common brown whiskey bottles, blown
in a mold, then a neck applied of molten glass.

The whole bottle in excellent condition would be worth about a dollar.

I have a bottle collection, and have specimens dating back to 1863.

No, they aren't worth a dime, but I think they might make an interesting hat
rack.

Steve