Jag Man

Won't matter. It's a shower nipple, so one end of it will always
be open, and
there won't ever be any significant pressure on the joint.

Depends on how restrictive the flow control in the shower head is.

know I wouldn't want it dripping behind my walls.

Bob

Right. There will always be some pressure drop across any kind of flow
restriction, and a spray nozzle could be
considerable, I would think, especially low flow showere heads.
Also, people will often put a valved branch fitting on a shower
gooseneck for a hand-held shower hose and wand. If later someone
attaches
a wand that itself has a shut-off valve, full line pressure can be
on all the joints in there. I'm familiar with this problem from
personal
experience, including some ruined plaster.

Ed