WillR

Default Latest Project

Turned some spindles for a stool.

The stool was intended for shop use -- now I am not so sure. You can see =

the stool at the following link.
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...furniture.htm=

Just the spindles...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...urnedwood.html

On this page, Note the link to the extremely High-tech grinder jig=20
adjustment system.

Patent Pending...

It always works -- no matter the wheel size. It is a Veritas Grinder jig =

-- but quite frankly the Veritas Adjustment Tool is a PITA to use.=20
(Apologies to Robin Lee) This one is much simpler and several times=20
faster to use... It can be set by feel. Simply loosen off both=20
adjustments and set table -- tighten bottom screw then top screw -=20
typical adjustment time -- 5 seconds or less.

Cost per adjustment jig $.01 (CDN that is LOL) Accuracy of grinder=20
setting when cutting tools were checked with test gauges -- could not=20
estimate due to minimal error.

I did a run of gauges for all the Lathe Tools I own and it took about=20
1/2 hour to design and manufacture a complete set of angle setting=20
gauges for all tools -- based on custom grinds applied to the tools.

Was going to start making bowls -- SWMBO has suggested some bar stools=20
-- then left before I could get my hands on her... GRRRR!

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw