WillR

Default Latest Project

Turned some spindles for a stool.

The stool was intended for shop use -- now I am not so sure. You can see =

the stool at the following link.
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...furniture.htm=

Just the spindles...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...urnedwood.html

On this page, Note the link to the extremely High-tech grinder jig=20
adjustment system.

Patent Pending...

It always works -- no matter the wheel size. It is a Veritas Grinder jig =

-- but quite frankly the Veritas Adjustment Tool is a PITA to use.=20
(Apologies to Robin Lee) This one is much simpler and several times=20
faster to use... It can be set by feel. Simply loosen off both=20
adjustments and set table -- tighten bottom screw then top screw -=20
typical adjustment time -- 5 seconds or less.

Cost per adjustment jig $.01 (CDN that is LOL) Accuracy of grinder=20
setting when cutting tools were checked with test gauges -- could not=20
estimate due to minimal error.

I did a run of gauges for all the Lathe Tools I own and it took about=20
1/2 hour to design and manufacture a complete set of angle setting=20
gauges for all tools -- based on custom grinds applied to the tools.

Was going to start making bowls -- SWMBO has suggested some bar stools=20
-- then left before I could get my hands on her... GRRRR!

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw
Dave Balderstone

In article , WillR
wrote:

I did a run of gauges for all the Lathe Tools I own and it took about
1/2 hour to design and manufacture a complete set of angle setting
gauges for all tools -- based on custom grinds applied to the tools.

I'd love to see a quick pic of those gauges, Will.

WillR

Dave Balderstone wrote:
In article , WillR
wrote:

I did a run of gauges for all the Lathe Tools I own and it took about
1/2 hour to design and manufacture a complete set of angle setting
gauges for all tools -- based on custom grinds applied to the tools.

I'd love to see a quick pic of those gauges, Will.

If you look on the Turning page you can see it on the grinder.
Construction is obvious I believe.

--
Will
Occasional Techno-geek
WillR

WillR wrote:
Turned some spindles for a stool.
=20
=20
=20
Just the spindles...
http://woodwork.pmccl.com/Business/p...urnedwood.html
=20
On this page, Note the link to the extremely High-tech grinder jig=20
adjustment system.
=20
Patent Pending...

I have added an explanation of the grinder setup on the turnings page -- =

link above. If any of you have a Veritas Table jig you should find this=20
method much simpler than the using the Veritas Angle Gauge -- also seen=20
in the photos. The angle gauge is the only thing I ever got from Lee=20
Valley that I don't like.

If you are not happy with the grind angle, you can always build another=20
jig -- approximate cost $0.01.

I made a bunch in various angles -- 20, 40, 45, 55, 60, 30, 90 etc. --=20
whatever fit my tools.

Fast simple and efficient.

If I had a machine shop I would make them of metal -- with a rotating=20
metal rest with detents for the angle stops -- someday... The 3 or 4 of=20
them would do all the angles I need.

Now if only Delta would return my local Dealers calls so I could get the =

replacement switch...

Those who use the Wolverine system -- quit snickering. LOL

Remember my build price - -- a penny a pop!

=20
It always works -- no matter the wheel size. It is a Veritas Grinder ji=

g=20
[...]

Latest Project, and my thoughts on furniture design Joe Wilding Woodworking 6 March 20th 05 12:22 AM
Latest Project Pics Dave Woodworking 4 June 20th 04 07:55 PM
Latest project: Civil War Cannon carriage Joe Wilding Woodworking 4 February 29th 04 04:29 PM