chemqueries

m Ransley wrote:
Ng leak detectors are not a waste especialy for elderly that do not

smell well My parents recently did not notice the stove was on and not
burning when I arrived, or sewer gas from a dry trap that stunk up the
house so bad I opened the windows. Yes I got them 2, Co. Ng.
detectors. Leaks are common and houses do blow up. The real point is
for 50$ you have
insurance, ten-20 years ago it would have cost thousands.

Hi mRansley. Can you tell me more about the sewer gas problem? A few
weeks ago, I noticed a foul, sulfur-like odor coming from the
downstairs bathroom, which I rarely use. I couldn't pinpoint exactly
where in the bathroom the odor was coming from. I just knew it was from
the bathroom. I flushed the toilet several times because I thought the
water might have been stagnant because, as I said, I rarely use that
bathroom. I have not noticed the odor since that time. Could that have
been a sewer gas problem? I tend to doubt it because I tend to think
that if it were sewer gas, the problem would have persisted in spite of
my flushing the toilet. Would the sewer gas smell like rotten eggs?