No wrote:
First off, keep the govenment out of it in my opinion. you ask and

they will
tell you no or charge you some fee or hassle you with some paperwork.

How would I do it.

Probably a shallow well pump with a pressure tank. I would try and

make some
type of resivior in the stream or a gravity fed cistern depending on

the
stream, who/what is downstream, etc. I would consider a small dam to

build
up enough quantity of water. You may also want to consider just

digging up a
small area of the bottom. Again, depends on the sizxe of stream and

so
forth.

Keeping the govt out of it might very well be financially disasterous,
especially when you're recommending dams and digging up the bottom of a
stream. These days, folks like the EPA and water resource control
authorities take a pretty dim view of this type of thing. The fines
and remediation could be subtantial.

Interesting article
http://www.otherpower.com/otherpower_waterpumping.html

"Budman" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend what I need to do this?

The middle of the yard is about 150 feet from the creek with about

a 15
foot rise. I want to run about 4 or 5 sprinklers at once. I would

like
to run a hose from the creek to the pump (or does the pump have to

be
near/in the creek?)

I'm sure I will need a filter for this as well, but I would like to
have a pump that would tolerate some amount of trash.

By the way, I do intend to check with the County before pulling

water
from the creek for irrigation.

Thanks,
Budman