Mary Fisher

"Andy Hall" wrote in message

This is not a matter of cheap vs. expensive, but a matter of safety
and quality.

If you want to value yourself as low as £20 in order to save a little
money on a type of tool which if it breaks can maim or kill, then
that's your choice.

Well, Andy, any tool, of any price, which breaks can maim or kill. Spouse
has bought a lot of tools from Lidl and Aldi and I've been doubtful but
he's
found them to be very good.

Yes I'm sure, Mary.

It's one thing having something that is made cheaply that produces
inaccurate work or is uncomfortable to use.

That's true - but just because something's cheap doesn't mean it going to be
dangerous. By the same token, just because an item is expensive it can't be
guaranteed to be safe.

However, I have seen the results of mechanical failure of a cheap air
nailer. Pieces embedded in the wall that could easily have been
embedded in the user. It was quite frightening.

That says something about the operator, doesn't it?

Compressed air and compressed air tools are very useful - I have an
airline system installed in my workshop and quite a collection of air
tools. There is a huge difference in build quality between these
£20 jobs and a good quality one like a Senco. The latter will cost
around £100, but I simply don't think it's worth the risk of skimping
where compressed air is concerned.

Have you seen, handled and examined the one in question? You might be
surprised. But you have to have an open mind :-)

Mary