[news]

Andy Hall wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 21:05:17 GMT, JD
wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 20:21:25 GMT, "[news]" wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:

Buying and using an air nailer at this quality level and price point
is a fool's game and an accident waiting to happen.

here she goes again, the old cheap vs expensive argument.

This is not a matter of cheap vs. expensive, but a matter of safety
and quality.

If you want to value yourself as low as £20 in order to save a little
money on a type of tool which if it breaks can maim or kill, then
that's your choice.

Simple lad here but if this tool is as un-safe as you seem to think it
is surely trading standards would have something to say ?

I'm simply saying that compressed air and compressed air tools can be
highly dangerous if improperly used and in the event of failure.

If you had seen what happens in terms of shrapnel going at high speed
in the event of the failure of a nailer, as I have then you would then
you might think carefully about compromising on such a tool.
When operating correctly, it is designed to project nails into quite
hard wood. It can just as easily do so into the human body.

Trading standards departments operate by exception, primarily acting
when something bad happens - in this case probably an accident.

Maybe these things are great - who knows? Personally, I'm not into
playing Russian roulette.

Andy Hall wrote:

[...]

can you see what you did there ?

RT