Jag Man

I've asked around, although not at HD, but seems that the HW stores
and
plumbing supply houses only offer threader machine service, and they
won't
work on short nipples.

I intend to try to do it with a manual die and handle today, either
rented or
purchased. I'll just buy a 3 1/2" brass nipple, cut 1/4" off with a
hacksaw,
and spin the die down 1/4". I'll report back on progress.

Ed

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message
om...

"toller" wrote in message
Home Depot (and presumably most other places, though I haven't

tried) will
cut and thread iron pipe for free. Presumably they would do the

same for
a brass nipple.

Or is there something that is going clean over my head?

Some pipe threaders will not allow a short length to be held in the

jaws and
threaded. There are ways of doing it, but I have no idea of HD will

have
the capability. No harm in asking though.