Doug Miller

In article , "Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

"toller" wrote in message
Home Depot (and presumably most other places, though I haven't tried) will
cut and thread iron pipe for free. Presumably they would do the same for
a brass nipple.

Or is there something that is going clean over my head?

Some pipe threaders will not allow a short length to be held in the jaws and
threaded. There are ways of doing it, but I have no idea of HD will have
the capability. No harm in asking though.

He could buy a longer piece (e.g. 12") and have it threaded for, say, 5 inches
at one end, then cut off what he needs.

--
Regards,