Jag Man

Well, I have been known to find complex "solutions" for simple
problems.
But in this case all I wanted to do was get that fancy elbow on there.

Actually, I am guilty of believing them when both the local Ace HW
store and
a first rate plumbing supply house said they couldn't rethread
anything that short.
I now gather that this is simply because they would not stoop so low
as to
use a pipe die and do it manually. Guess I can temporarily attach it
to a
longer length with a coupling in order to hold it for the rethreading.

Thanks for opening my mind!

Ed

"zxcvbob" wrote in message

Why not cut it with a hacksaw, and rethread it (by hand) with a 1/2"
pipe die? You will still have some of the original threads left to

help
start the die straight, and brass is easy to cut.

It seems like you are looking for something difficult.

Best regards,
Bob