Peter Taylor

Default Different honeys

Mary Fisher wrote

This is the most frequently asked question of all beekeepers!

Here is then, some of the answer, without the hard words.

snip excellent fascinating article

Now I'm sure that I've forgotten some things and that others haven't been
explained well enough. If you have any questions about this or any other
aspect of honeybees, honey or wax, please say so.

Mary

I have a question Mary

I once had a girlfriend whose dad was a beekeeper and he used to let me help him
tend the hives sometimes. I don't remember much about it now, except that it
was my job to puff the smoke generator thingy, and it seemed to me that the bees
in one of the hives were much more aggressive and became angry sooner than the
others. I will always remember my trepidation when we approached this
particular hive and removed the lid. Was this my imagination or do different
hives really have different "temperaments" (if that's the right word)?

Peter