Harold and Susan Vordos

"yourname" wrote in message
snip---

Toxics exposuire is a statistical thing, much like smoking. I know
plenty of smokers who don't have lung cancer, doesn't make me want to

start.

My sentiments, exactly. I don't smoke cigarettes, and never have.

In order to machine, there are certain risks that all of us must assume.
It's fairly well known that the incidence of cancer with metal working
people is higher than with those that do now work with metals, and there's
no doubt that working with solvents is hazardous. The one big difference
is that no one need smoke----that's a choice each one makes. You can live
life from infancy to death without tobacco. It isn't an essential (contrary
to the claims of those that are addicted).

If you choose to machine, you must and will expose yourself to certain
hazards. It goes with the territory. Smart people do all they can to
avoid any unnecessary contact with solvents, fumes and dust, but the only
way to avoid them totally is to not machine. So then, one is prudent,
avoids unnecessary contact, and enjoys the hobby. And they smoke, but
they don't inhale! :-)

Harold