Norminn

Gary Stone wrote:
I am going to paint a small bathroom w/shower and the paint that is on the
walls now will come off if washed. Since I haven't painted walls before I
have some questions.

1- Should I put a primer on the wall after washing them?
2- What type of paint? Flat, gloss, semi gloss? etc, etc?
3- As I have Multiple Sclerosis (Always looking to save my energy), is there
truly any such thing as a one coat paint?

Any suggestions welcomed.

Thanks
Stone

I've never seen interior paint that would "wash off" or chalk like
exterior paint. If it washes off, have someone wash it. Sounds like it
would be worthwhile to use a primer after it is clean and dry.

I like semi-gloss alkyd paint for kitchen and bath for washability and
durability. I consider prep - washing, patching and sanding - to be the
most strenuous part of painting (after shopping for all the gear). Do
you have a friend or housemate who will help with the chores? Good way
to sort friends from the riff-raff is by asking someone ) Then, break
it down into small parts - tape one day, brush in borders the next, roll
a coat, rest a day or two, roll another. As for asking for help, I have
friends who understand when I need help and for whom I can reciprocate.
I have also had some mighty darn proud friends who trusted me enough
to ask for help and whom I was very happy to oblige.