Pete C

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 14:47:29 +0000, (Steve Firth)
wrote:

Chris Bacon wrote:

Steve Firth wrote:
I also make judicious use of a bending spring,
essential where you encounter joists in the wrong place. Sadly copper
tube is getting harder and thinner walled in most DIY sheds so bending
with a spring is getting more difficult. Not impossible, but difficult
and it takes a bit of practice.

Anneal the stuff as discussed here some time back. Heat the bit of
tube where you want to bend it, and a bit on each side, to redness,
then dunk it in cold water or play water on it to cool. It will
then be soft enough to bend easily.

Do you also want to teach my grandmother how to evacuate ova using a
partial depression of atmospheric pressure?

Because if you do you'll have to dig her up first.

plonk!