Andrew V

Default Shop plans update

Some might remember my posting about building my workshop/garage into a
hillside bank-barn style, well after much consideration and planning I'm
going to abandon that idea in favor of a 30 x 50 steel frame on a flat part
of the yard. The design for the hill side structure required lots of
concrete @ approx $100 per yd. Even with my involvement in digging and
forming I would of had $20K in the 1st floor walls/foundation, floor slab
and 2" toping w/spancrete planks & still needed to build the second
floor/roof. After looking around I found I can purchase a 30 x 50 steel
frame 14' wall and put it on a slab for about the $20k and have money left
for new tools ect. Anyway I'm thinking about a Heritage steel frame
www.heritagebuildings.com ) if I order from a distance or possibility an
Armor ( www.armorsteelbuildings.com ) as there is a local dealer. The local
dealer is new, has not sold any buildings yet and gave me a substantially
higher price (30%) on the basic parts. His protests aside I can't see any
major differences in the design or materials and I gave them both the same
specs. I do realize it would be nice to have a local on the hook if I run
into problems but I'm don't feel it's worth 30% more, plus if he hasn't sold
and built any yet then he's in the same place I am. If anyone has
experience with Heritage or Armor good or bad I'd like to hear about it,
also any first hand metal building tales would be good too.

Thanks

Andrew