steve robinson

"Maria" wrote in message
Hi

I've just had a quote for replacement windows for a company, which
claimed that under the FENSA regulations, upstairs windows have to
have a bottom opener to allow for escape from fire.

Can anyone advise if this is true please?

Thanks.

(I've looked on the FENSA web site but can't see anything about bottom
openers for fire escape)

PS the reason I don't want a bottom opener is because I have a
kamikaze 3 year old who would simply lob himself through the opening
if he had half a chance!

Load of twaddle , the opening window can hinge from any point you wish as
long as it meets the required opening sizes for escape , not all upstairs
windows are required to open in this manner either

In the construction industry fensa is looked upon as a bit of a joke , a
money making scheme thought up by the glass and glazing federation so the
could achieve some importance

better speaking to your local building control who will give you all the
correct info