Tim Mitchell

In article , Christian
McArdle writes
wot e said plus - hire a 7.5t flatbed dropside and contact a 'driver hire'

type
agency for a day rate for a qualified driver to drive it. quite a few

multidrop
drivers do *well* over a dozen drops/pickups in an average day.

Personally, I'd drive it myself. I love driving 7.5 tonners. I usually only
get the chance when moving house. But then, I do have C1 on my licence.

My favourite was a LWB crew cab Merc 312 box taillift with the most
atrociously snatchy hissy air brakes. It had a digital braking system with
two modes.

Mode A: 5 mph - brake pedal allows either no braking or complete lock up.
Mode B: 5 mph - brake pedal acts as a convenient foot rest.

Note that all the =3500kg vans are "conventional", in that they have
basically beefed up car mechanics and are not difficult to drive, if you're
put off by the 7.5t mechanics, which are closer to a proper artic than the
Transit.

You should have C1 if you passed your test before about 1995 (can't
remember the exact date when it was removed from the "standard"
vehicles)

The problem with 7.5 tonne vehicles is you have to be careful about not
overloading them, it isn't as easy to tell as with the smaller vehicles.
--
Tim Mitchell