In article , Dave Plowman (News)
writes
In article ,
[news] wrote:
Well, yes, but then they don't have to live in the house - or worry
about things lasting more than a year or so.

plastic has been used below gound for years, where's it's really
inconvenient to just pop another elbow on, hasn't it ? so plastic can be
shown to be effective and your theory of joints lasting no more than a
year or so doesn't scan.

So you're saying that the pipe used underground is the same and uses the
same sort of connectors?

plastic and pushfit has been around long enough for it's longevity to be
proven and it's benefits, in some cases, far outweigh that of copper.

I'm not denying it has its uses and may well be easier to use for those
without the skills to work copper. Or those doing it for a living where
speed is more important than cost.

But the point I'm trying to make is that for DIY where speed shouldn't be
such a factor and the satisfaction of a job well done should come into the
equation, taking the time to learn the few skills needed for working
copper pays off in a neater job.

The inference here is that we plastic users are not doing a proper job
by using plastic, I don't agree but I can't see our opinions changing by
arguing it here so I guess we can just agree to differ, unless you want
to change your mind? :-)
--
David