Mary Fisher

Default Different honeys

"Grunff" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

Here is then, some of the answer, without the hard words.

Some flowers produce nectar, which seems to have no other function than

attract insects, which accidentally collect pollen on their body hairs.

When
the insects go to other flowers they accidentally transfer the pollen to
that flower's receptive organ, the pollen fertilises the ova to make

seeds.

snip super essay about bee-keeping

Thanks Mary, that's great! I've always fancied keeping bees, now I feel
I know loads more about the subject.

You need to know far, far more ... that was just SOME of the stuff about
honey. But thanks anyway. If you really do want to think about keeping bees
get in touch with me, I probably know people who'll be able to help you get
started. You shouldn't jump in without lots of consideration.

And if you're anywhere within striking distance, go to the National
Agriculture Centre (the Royal Agricultural Showground) on 24 April, at
Stoneleigh in Warwickshire. That's when the British Beekeepers' Spring
Convention is held and everyone who is anyone will be there. It's a huge
trade show with lectures. I'll be there with the biggest bee book stand in
the world [it's not mine :-) ] and would love to meet anyone from here. Even
non-beekeepers have a gret time.

Mary

--
Grunff